Monday, August 13, 2007
How to write a blog?
I have started off writing on the net. Suddenly I find myself scanning the net for information on what people do in their writings. The fist step was to prepare and write my own blog.
I have written my own blog on Feng Shui & Astrology, pervarakapadiaatblog.blogspot.com . And find this experience interesting.
Write a blog to express yourself. Write to tell stories. Write to share links and pictures and recipes and prayers and travel tips and love poems.
So how do we write blogs?
- Omit all unnecessary words
- Aim at keeping your posts at about 250 words
- Include complete thoughts in headlines
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short
- Never lose your sense of humor
- Write like it counts
- White space is your friend
- Use the simplest possible word and sentence structure
- Read your post out loud and make sure you don't get stuck on complex construction
- Use bulleted points whenever you can
- Use subheads every few paragraphs, even in a 300 word post
- Use bold text and italics for emphasis on words and phrases
- Make sure your posts are easy to scan
- Choose your voice and keep it consistent
- Don't be afraid to voice opinions.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]